- Provide Strategic Vision, oversight, and general leadership for the process.
- Work with the Department of Public Instruction (DPI) to select a project manager to lead the service model development and implementation process.
- Establish process to select and appoint implementation for work group members.
- Provide feedback and guidance to the project manager in the development of the work groups and timelines.
- Provide oversight to ensure transparency and appropriate communication to the library community, decision makers and stakeholders.
- Work with DPI to assess, based on information gathered and progress of service work groups, budget and legislative requests for the 2017-2019 biennial budget.
- John Thompson, Director, Indianhead Federated Library System (representing Large Systems, Northern Wisconsin and the LEAN System Study Steering Team)
- Stephen Ohs, Director, Lakeshores Library System, (Small Library System)
- Paula Kiely, Director, Milwaukee Public Library (Largest Public & System Resource Library)
- Bridget Christenson, Director, Hatch Public Library, Mauston (Small Public Library)
- Beth Carpenter, Director, Kimberly-Little Chute Public Library (Small-to Mid Public & Joint Library)
- Kristie Hauer Director, Shawano City-County Library (County Joint Public, Rural, and Northeast)
- Kent Barnard, Director, Patterson Memorial Library, Wild Rose (Very Small Public)
- Jessamyn Lee-Jones, Director, Platteville Public Library (Small to Mid-Size Public & Small Resource Library)
- Bryan McCormick, Director, Hedberg Public Library, Janesville (Larger Public & Resource; also COLAND)
- JonMark Bolthouse , Director, Fond du Lac Public Library (Larger Public but not Resource Library
- John DeBacher, Director, Public Library Development (non-voting; DPI Liaison)
The work of this group seeks to strengthen the cooperative spirit that has made Wisconsin’s public libraries leaders in the cost effective sharing of resources. At its first organizational meeting on September 3, 2015, the committee selected and approved John Thompson to serve as Chair and Paula Kiely to serve as Vice Chair.
Additional information about the process for revising Wisconsin's Public Library Systems can be found at http://dpi.wi.gov/pld/boards-directors/system-redesign.
John Thompson, Director, Indianhead Federated Library System, with John DeBacher, Public Library Development Team