|ILEAD USA-Wisconsin cohort, October 2015|
Detailed information about Wisconsin's ILEAD program can be found on our DPI website. Our 2015 ILEAD program may be over, but we promise that you'll be hearing a lot more from our awesome ILEADers and their innovative, collaborative, and totally amazing team projects:
Team Digital Humanities is creating a digital exhibit highlighting some of the StoryCorps interviews conducted at Milwaukee PL in 2007; this exhibit will soon be available on the library's website.
- Rachel Arndt (Milwaukee PL)
- Maria Cunningham-Benn (Milwaukee PL)
- Elisabeth Kaune (Milwaukee PL)
- Mary Lou Klecha (Milwaukee PL)
- Kirsten Thompson (Milwaukee PL)
- Jeff Dawson (Lester PL - Team Mentor)
Team Early Literacy Innovators created a professionally-produced video ("Media Mentorship and Using Apps in Storytimes") that promotes the use of apps and other digital media in storytimes for children.
- Katharine Clark (Madison PL)
- Angela Meyers (Waukesha County Federated Library System)
- Kerry Pinkner (Waukesha PL)
- Christi Sommerfeldt (formerly Muskego PL - not pictured)
- Christine Weichart (New Berlin PL)
- Gus Falkenberg (Indianhead Federated Library System - Team Mentor)
Team Enrich the Future - Tap Into the Past is creating a portable digitization-in-a-box toolkit (equipment, guidelines & training tools) that will assist librarians and educators in digitizing their collections of still images.
- Inese Christman (Wisconsin Valley Library Service)
- Sue Engel (Horace Mann Middle School)
- Don Litzer (T.B. Scott Free Library)
- Todd Mountjoy (Nicolet Area Technical College)
- Emily Pfotenhauer (WiLS)
- Jean Anderson (South Central Library System - Team Mentor)
Team MKE Mixers created a mobile makerspace ("mix box") of tools, instructions & programming suggestions that can be shared among the libraries in Milwaukee County. Their team's website will be going live in 2016.
- Beth Henika (North Shore Library)
- Krista Hutley (Whitefish Bay PL)
- Jennifer Loeffel (Franklin PL)
- Emily Passey (Shorewood PL)
- Sandra Speare (Greendale Middle School)
- Joy Schwarz (Winnefox Library System - Team Mentor)
Team Minerva created a web portal ("Librarians Outside the Box") that allows public and school librarians to share, discuss & collaborate.
- Amanda Burns (Suring Area PL)
- Kinga Jacobson (Gilbraltar School District)
- Nancy Larson (West Bend Community Memorial Library)
- Debbie Olguin (Milwaukee PL)
- Kimberly Young (formerly Brown County Library - not pictured)
- Krista Ross (Southwest Wisconsin Library System - Team Mentor)
Team WisCode Literati created a website as part of their mission to help change the world through code literacy; teaching communities to code is essential for their future.
- Kim Boldt (Milwaukee PL)
- Melody Clark (Arrowhead Library System)
- Josh Cowles (Fond du Lac PL)
- Sara Bryce Kozla (formerly LaCrosse PL - not pictured)
- Holly Storck-Post (Monroe PL)
- Tasha Saecker (Appleton PL - Team Mentor)
Wisconsin's 2015 ILEAD program was made possible through a Laura Bush 21st Century Librarian Program grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS) with additional funding provided by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction. There are no plans to do an ILEAD program in 2016; however, discussions are taking place among the states to do something related to ILEAD in 2017.
Denise Anton Wright, Public Library Development